Goodbye

by Chexy on November 7, 2012

After nearly 5 years and 5,000 posts, and on the happy news that President Obama has been reelected, this is the end of the road for Chexydecimal.com, as I’m moving on to other creative endeavors.

A big thank you to all of my wonderful friends, fans, family and colleagues for making this so much fun. Y’all know who you are. I love you all.

Feel free to catch up on what you might have missed, before the site goes offline.

You can still follow me on Facebook.

Love,

Your Chexy

Related Posts with Thumbnails in Real Gone Places, ends, gone, i love you too, last hurrahs, pearl clutch, the internets

{ 14 comments… read them below or add one }

irisgirl November 7, 2012 at 1:34 AM

Oh, Chexy, I am going to miss your delightfully devilish mind and wonderfully wacky creative bent! Savoring your snarkiness and meshuggenah perspective has always been my favorite way to start the day, often punctuated by sprays of coffee dripping down my monitor.

I wish you and your imaginary daughter Amy all the best! Thank you for the wild ride!

Jarrett November 7, 2012 at 4:20 AM

Sir Chexy-

Thank you for filling my life with joy everyday for the last five years…and may you continue to spread joy and sassiness in the world, in whatever way you choose. Best of luck!!

Sincerely,
J

Becky November 7, 2012 at 5:57 AM

Say it ain’t so! I have enjoyed tis so much. I will still follow on FB though, and hope you and Amy find a new venture to explore!

Matthew Rettenmund November 7, 2012 at 9:10 AM

I’m glad you stuck it out long enough so that we could meet via your blog. Thanks for everything! xo

GB November 7, 2012 at 9:59 AM

Amazing run Chexy! Your unique way of critiquing the news and putting your own spin on every story will be missed. No website can rival. Bravo.

VictorG November 7, 2012 at 10:30 AM

Sad to see you go, Chexy, love your blog and your wicked sense of humor. Thanks and all the best~

Wayne November 7, 2012 at 12:04 PM

I’ll miss Turban Tuesday and The Friday Face, as well as Real Gone Places, among so many more. I’ll think of you, however, whenever I see the ubiquitous checkerboard pattern. Best wishes…

kathy November 7, 2012 at 4:35 PM

Thank you for all the enjoyment. You are a wonderful writer with a terrific sense of humor!

Bob H November 8, 2012 at 2:50 PM

Noooooooooooooo! And after I recommended you to so many people. Goodbye and good luck it was fun while it lasted

Bob H November 8, 2012 at 2:53 PM

P.S. I do hope that Camilla had nothing to do with this decision!

Kenneth November 8, 2012 at 4:49 PM

You’ll be missed. I’ll look for you on Facebook!

Karen in Philly November 9, 2012 at 12:23 PM

So what happens now? Enjoyed your wit and talent. Will especially miss the Amy stories. Thanks for the pleasure!

robert November 10, 2012 at 1:58 AM

Dear Mr Chexydecimal,

I have grown very fond of the praise and warmth you have showered on me over the last few years. I know that you have been writing from the heart, and therefore entirely ignore those who say you have a malicious streak.

I count my husband as one of those people. He does get into such a terrible fume, but you must know by now that anything he says is unutterably stupid.

I should add that the Family from time immemorial has always had the deepest respect for those who are of the Jewish faith. That’s the official line we follow, anyway.

My mother-in-law is sitting by my side as I write this and sends her best wishes. Very shortly I will withdraw the sherry bottle and get her off to bed for a nice afternoon nap.

Do consider the possibility of changing your name. It makes it so difficult to know what class of person you are.

Thus, with an adieu, as those ghastly Frenchie people say on wishing farewell,

Her Royal Personage,
Camel.

Chaparrito April 17, 2013 at 10:55 AM

At least we’ll have great memories…